After a sell-out success of last year, the Stranger With My Face again begins with the results of the 2014 48-Hour Tasploitation Challenge.
Arrive and get a drink before the event starts from 7.30, films start at 8 pm. Booking is recommended to ensure your seat. There are 17 short films being screened (with several intervals) and then awards will be given at the end of the night.
There is a costume theme for the audience of “your favourite horror sub-genre” – whether that’s from the Tasploitation Challenge team you were involved with or something else altogether. Get weird and creative! Prizes for best dressed.
Book early to avoid disappointment!
- genre screenwriters Shayne Armstrong and Shane Krause
- MONA Market curator and artist Kirsha Kaechele
- film reviewer and and journalist Tim Martain
- producer and Screen Tasmania board member Anita Ondine
- special guest filmmamker Mattie Do
Prizes to be awarded include:
- Screen Tasmania Award for Best Film ($500 cash)
- Special MONA prize for originality (tickets to CineMona & lunch for 2)
- Award for Best Performance
- Tasmaniana Award (for the film that references Tasmania in the most creative way).
- Wide Angle Tasmania Audience Choice Award
Other prizes may also be given on the night, at the festival’s discretion.
Please note that the films are unclassified and that sadly under 18s cannot be permitted!